Thursday, April 23, 2009

Momma don't fold my clothes!

Lately, I've been having the boys help me with duties around the house (cleaning, dishes, laundry).  Usually, I have the boys put their underwear and socks up while we are doing the laundry, but yesterday, Logan wanted to learn how to fold his clothes.  He watched as I folded a shirt and very meticulously folded a shirt the same way.  I praised him, of course, and he wanted to fold more!  He didn't want me to fold any of his clothes and proceeded to fold all of his clothes and put them in the proper drawers.  He was so proud of himself!  I told him that we each dirty our own clothes and that means that we each should clean and put away our own clothes.  I know that his excitement about folding his own clothes won't last forever, but I hope that I can instill these types of lessons early like this that will help show him that we all have responsibilities in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment